Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic Resources
The purpose of this page is to provide links to information about
the discipline of Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics.
"Pharmacokinetics is the study of the time course of drug and
metabolite levels in different fluids, tissues, and excreta of the
body, and of the mathematical relationships required to develop
models to interpret such data." from Gibaldi, M. and Perrier, D.
1975 Pharmacokinetics, Marcel Dekker, page v.
To further the study of Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics I have
set-up an e-mail list (LISTSERV) for people interested in discussing
Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics with colleagues around the
After the initial subscription request is sent, the listserv software will send a message to your email address which must be sent back to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your email address. This can usually be accomplished by replying to the message sent by the listserv software. Your subscription is not complete without this second step.
Please note that the LISTSERV software uses the return e-mail
address to add your entry into the LISTSERV database. Sometimes this
return e-mail address is not well formed and doesn't work. If all
went well you should receive a welcome message shortly after you
subscribe to the LISTSERV. If you don't get this (or subsequent)
messages please send me an e-mail message with your Internet address
and I will add you 'manually'. Alternately you could send your
request directly to me at
Messages of PK/PD interest can be sent as plain text messages, no attachments, to PharmPK@boomer.org. You may want to search or browse the PharmPK archives before sending a message. See below.
Search these PK/PD Pages - Including the PharmPK archive
Link to other on line resources at this site
Search other on-line resources at this site
Information in this area includes:
- Recent PK / PD Job Opportunities
- On-line Courses
- Summaries of PharmPK discussions
- Consensus Documents under development (project stalled somewhat ;-)
- NONMEM Links
- SAAM Institute, Inc.
- Resource Facility for Population Kinetics (RFPK) Home Page
- PharmGKB, Pharmacogenetics and Pharmacogenomics Knowledge Base
- SummitPK - Pharmacokinetics Software, 68911 Open Field Dr., Montrose, CO 81401
- Pharsight offers a range of software products including the modeling tools; Phoenix WinNonlin, NLME, Connect and IVIVC toolkit , Trial Simulator - as well as the Pharsight Knowledgebase Server (PKS) for CFR 21 part 11 compliance.
- Physiologically Based Pharmacokinetic/Pharmacodynamic (PBPK/PD) Forum
- Interspeciesinfo website from the Dutch Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sports
- Drugs and Toxic Chemicals in Breast Milk, Seminar on PBPK modeling of drugs and toxic chemicals in infants and Physiologically Based Pharmacokinetic Models And Biologically Based Pharmacodynamic Models Library of Published Models by Dr. Janusz Z. Byczkowski
- Pharmamotion - Pharmacology Animations blog by Flavio Guzman
- Human ATP-Binding Cassette Transporters
- Databases on the FDA Website
Copyright 2001-10 David W. A. Bourne (email@example.com)
This page is always under development. Please send information about
additions or corrections to David Bourne
South East Aurora Colorado Businesses